I’m Sandra Ramaker and I’m asking for your vote for Mesquite City Council Seat #1.
I have lived in Mesquite for 10 years and am passionate about serving our community. I was your elected representative on the Virgin Valley Water District Board from 2010 through 2016 and am familiar with the issues surrounding this vital resource.
I have no conflicts of interest that would interfere with my judgment. I have attended Mesquite City Council meetings regularly so I am knowledgeable about the business of the city. I have volunteered with various organizations such as Mesquite Chamber of Commerce, Mesa View Regional Hospital, League of Women Voters, Kids for Sports Foundation and others. I talk to people all the time and want to bring your voice to the table. I believe common sense is an important attribute, as well as transparency, accountability and accessibility.
Issues that are important to me include:
- Fiscal responsibility and efficient use of tax dollars to meet demands of the community.
- Advancing community development that matches fiscal and environmental constraints.
- Promoting policies that help our golfing and gaming businesses as well as new tourism opportunities in sports and environmental excursions.
- Ensuring open competition for public contracts.
- Seeking input from the community and rapidly addressing questions and concerns.
- Achieving employment in line with population demands.
- Providing a voice for minority opinions.
- More affordable housing
- Expansion of educational opportunities for our youth so they are better prepared for the job market.
If you have any questions or comments, I can be reached at Sandra@sandraramaker.com or 702-345-2238
Sandra’s interview with the Mesquite Weekly